2002 thunderbird alternator removal tips

C
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
It's impossible. I have been trying to remove an alternator on a 2002 Thurnderbird, and it's not possible.. Removed the main bolts, I believe they are 13mm or 15mm.. It is still attached to something behind or above, some bolt, but there is no space to get there

I see what looks like 2 10mm far above and behind, but those don't seem to be related. Giving up on my Tbird

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

It's impossible. I have been trying to remove an alternator on a 2002 Thurnderbird, and it's not possible.. Removed the main bolts, I believe they are 13mm or 15mm.. It is still attached to something behind or above, some bolt, but there is no space to get there

I see what looks like 2 10mm far above and behind, but those don't seem to be related. Giving up on my Tbird
Never mind guys, I took it out, there isn't much space to wiggle, but it can just get stuck.. I used a long pry bar to loosen it, and it came out.. It's tricky to get it out entirely, it needs quite a few rotations to get it out without removing anything else..

Back