2002 T-Bird interior chrome door handles -chrome peeling off

The chrome is peeling off both interior door opening handles which are made of plastic. Local chrome shop estimates $275 each to rechrome. Ouch. Here's an option. They cover a complete car in chrome vinyl, why not these handles. A whole roll is $20.00 or less. Anybody do this yet? I'm going to give it a try and will report back.

Last edited by a moderator:
The chrome is peeling off both interior door opening handles which are made of plastic. Local chrome shop estimates $275 each to rechrome. Ouch. Here's an option. They cover a complete car in chrome vinyl, why not these handles. A whole roll is $20.00 or less. Anybody do this yet? I'm going to give it a try and will report back.
Ours has same issue. Curious how it works out

I had the same issue with the inside door handles on my 02 Lincoln LS . One actually broke! I managed to find a set on e-bay for relatively little $ and they are the same as on my 02 Retro Bird.

Yes, indeed! Same problem on or 2005 50th Anniversary. Please keep us updated.

Thanks!

Yes, indeed! Same problem on or 2005 50th Anniversary. Please keep us updated.

Thanks!

The answers to many questions can be found on the search page instead of posting a new thread and waiting for replies. I have merged your question with a previous post that addresses chrome door handle peeling. Start reading on page 1-

Hit me up the end of the week when my parts car gets here. I jus might be able to help you out.

Back