1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Click the "X" to the right to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice

2002 t-bird hard boot

Discussion in '2002 - 2005 Ford Thunderbird' started by Duffy, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Just purchased this bird from elderly couple.Never took hard top off in 16yrs.Couldn't find soft boot.Looking for a new hard boot.Anybody know of great fitting after market hard boot supplier to order one from.

2. Gus Gutz

Gus Gutz Well-Known Member Lifetime Donor

See if you can get in touch with @DrSarabi here on the forum. She seems to know where to get all the goodies.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2018
    Elaineinwa, DrSarabi and John Hayman like this.
  3. tbird

tbird Forum Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Donor

When you post to the Forum, please use a meaningful title I have updated your title to:
    2002 t-bird hard boot

ChuckH262 and John Hayman like this.
  4. DrSarabi

DrSarabi Well-Known Member Gold Donor

Kaminari Aerodynamics manufactures a nice tonneau, and it is one sold on Thunderbird Specialties (but less expensive!)
    http://www.kaminari.com/catalog/15
    Their installation instructions are vague and the drawdown latches they included were too big. I will be working on my tonneau this weekend and will update with some pictures later.
    Thunderbird Specialties also has 2 other hard tonneau covers. The roadster was a bit too big for my taste:
    http://www.thunderbirdspecialties.com/shop/roadster-style-tonneau-cover/
    Or a flat tonneau with a shaped edge:
    http://www.thunderbirdspecialties.com/shop/cut-back-two-piece-flat-tonneau-cover/
    All need to be prepped and painted.

5. Transporter

Transporter Well-Known Member Lifetime Donor

Hey Doc, the Roadster Style unit looks like it has glass that comes down into the rear area of the Bird behind the seats. Am I seeing that correctly? It also says it is a one piece design, is it intended only for California, New Mexico, and Arizona where it hardly ever rains? A little impossible to get something that big into ones trunk to put the top up during a sudden thunderstorm.

6. DrSarabi

DrSarabi Well-Known Member Gold Donor

The fiberglass comes down between the seats 'waterfall' style, much like hard tonneaus I have seen on Corvettes. It doesn't require any modification of the passenger compartment to install, but the one piece design just won't work in the St. Louis area .
    The Kaminari tonneau can fit in the TBird trunk, if you put the covers on and maneuver them very carefully (and have the trunk mostly empty LOL).
    So far I haven't had the chance to use my tonneau, but will post pictures when I do.

Elaineinwa likes this.
  7. I have a black convertible tonneau boot cover. Never/never used/ came with 2002 Thunderbird. Selling for $400.00

ChuckH262 likes this.
  8. Would you consider an offer of $250.

9. The lowest I will come down to is $375.00. However I do appreciate the offer.

Elaineinwa likes this.
  10. I have a soft black boot cover that came with my 2002 Thunderbird fits 2002-2005 selling for $400. Must pick up in Georgia location.

11. Mine is the soft black boot cover. Must be picked up in Georgia.

12. Where are you located in GA? I live in CA but have a relative outside of Atlanta.

13. Saint Simons Island

14. I'm sorry, but I do not have anyone that could pick this up locally there. If you do decide that you would be willing to ship, please let me know.
    Thank You,
    Mark

15. pblach

pblach Active Member Lifetime Donor

Hi Tbart,
    I have a 2002 Bird, and have never used the soft black boot cover. I would take $300 for it, and I live in San Diego. Let me know if you are interested.
    Penny Blach in San Diego

16. Hi penny,
    Yes. If the boot cover is in good shape, and is the factory original cover, I'll buy it. I can pick it up locally. Please feel free to give me a call . 951-813-8914.

17. Still Available?Can you post a pic of the Tonneau? Thanks!! Bob

18. Am looking for the flat version of the hard tonneau/boot. Anybody?

19. Looking for the flat version of the fiberglass/hard tonneau.

Help us by sharing/liking this page!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!