2002 re-seal back convertible top window

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Redbird5130

Redbird5130

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Anyone know what to use to re-seal back window of conv top at bottom edges, and plastic top? Have tried 2, or a person? Sarasota, fl

Hi Tealbird!
I got the tips to use front windows sealant...
it doesn't really solidify completely.
Worked for me for a while - had to redo it after a while though
Dont push the top all the way down... leave it up 1 inch.

Regards
Anders from Sweden

My high mileage Bird had the fabric separating from the glass. I simply cleaned the glass real good, and carefully
scraped any glue on the fabric off so there would be a good bonding of the glue. I used some cut boards inside to
hold the glass firmly and used some small bricks outside to hold the fabric down. I used some GE 35 year clear
silicone as glue. This was two years ago, and everything is holding together great.

When I glued the window, I had the top up but not latched so there would be a little slack in the window.

Best 1K I have spent in a long time !
No more leaking !!
YIPPEEEE !!

Anyone know what to use to re-seal back window of conv top at bottom edges, and plastic top? Have tried 2, or a person? Sarasota, fl
I have the same problem. I've looked around the internet quite a bit. Just starting mine now. Taking a last look around for any tips. I'm going to try Sikaflex P2G and the suction clamps sold on Amazon and elsewhere. I'll update.

I had my entire window replaced 800. Great job done !! Looks great !! Good Luck !!

i used FlexSeal, like as seen on tv but i got it at home depot
Did it work? I have the same problem that needs to be fixed asap. I am getting mine ready to sale.

Back