2002 interior trim on the windshield

A

AtlantaTBird1

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi All,

I have a problem I can't figure out. The top piece of plastic on my interior window appears to be broken somehow. It's hanging and not connecting when I try to push it up. I was wondering if anyone has pulled out the pillar and top plastic around their windshield and how they did it. Also wondering if there are replacement parts for this. I really appreciate all that goes on in this forum..

Thanks
Tom

I have removed them, just squeeze the pieces with two hands and gently pull towards you. Not sure about replacement parts but you might try eBay.

Here's the place and the part. It's right above the windshield on the inside. Are there grommets or something I need? It doesn't look damaged. Unless I'm missing something. Any help would be great. Thanks again.

Tom

IMG_0223.JPG
View attachment IMG_0222.MOV

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. The clips on the sides work. It's that long skinny one near the middle on the right. There's no clip on that and it won't catch on anything. It just droops when I connect the two outside clips.

Hi all, I found out there's a third clip that broke in the middle of the piece that had been glued before. I glued it again last night and will put the part back in today. I'll let you know if it works.

I let the epoxy dry overnight and the clip holds now. Thanks for listening.

Back