2002 High Beam & Fog Lights | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2002 High Beam & Fog Lights

• Thread starter Thread starter Kristen
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our 2002 failed state emissions today because the fog lights do not go off when the high beam lights are turned on. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, can you please pass along the remedy? Thank you!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Kristen said:
Our 2002 failed state emissions today because the fog lights do not go off when the high beam lights are turned on. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, can you please pass along the remedy? Thank you!

Wow! What state is that? Illinois doesn't check lights. Besides these aren't really fog lights, I think Ford calls them suplimental Parking Lights and they are supposed to stay on with both high & low beams. Anyway it has to be covered by Ford warranty if you are under 36,000 miles as the car has to pass the state laws where they are sold.

My bet is the people at the emissiosns site are wrong to call these fog lights. Call your Ford dealer and explain the sitituation and please let us know the outcome.

Kristen,
I live in Jersey too but have never had an issue at the inspection station with any of my vehicles with fog lights. I even have high power off road lights on my Jeep (I cover them at inspection time) Normal fog lights are designed to be used with low beams only and they must be on a relay or a separate switch; but, as Quickdraw said, our supplemental lights are designed to stay on. I can give you 3 possible remedies. 1 go back to the inspection station and ask to speak with a supervisor, 2 have the T-Bird inspected at a private inspection station, 3 fashion some covers for the supplemental lights (if they're covered up they're not subject to inspection) and remove them as soon as you leave the inspection station. Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back