2002 Hardtop: LOTS of NOISE

Just started, 90K miles, when on highway speed 65-70 mph when going over bump hear a scratching sound. Do not hear at lower speeds. Any ideas where to start looking.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Just bought a 2002 (First T-bird ever) and noice the hardtop has EXCESSIVE noise from the roof. When I went to buy it, it was OUTRAGEOUS, just noise constantly front to back. Told the salesman I couldn't buy it with that noise and he had his team "fix it", which they did. Still get some sound from the back, but figured, from the quality of the posts on this site, that there would be data on how to address this...Thanks!
Take the hardtop off and treat all the eubber aeals with some quality silicone lubricant. End of noise.

Just bought a 2002 (First T-bird ever) and noice the hardtop has EXCESSIVE noise from the roof. When I went to buy it, it was OUTRAGEOUS, just noise constantly front to back. Told the salesman I couldn't buy it with that noise and he had his team "fix it", which they did. Still get some sound from the back, but figured, from the quality of the posts on this site, that there would be data on how to address this...Thanks!
i had the same problem when i bought mine a year ago. when i removed the hardtop, i found that a piece that fits in the hole to limit that movement was missing. once i replaced it the noise disappeared.

Back