2002 Car Of The Year is.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford Thunderbird voted by Editors of Motor Trend
burnout.gif

Great write up in the january issue of Motor Trend
snowman.gif

Very neat stuff there. Perhaps tbird can take a look and adopt some of these things to our board. For that matter, it would be nice to have a link to Jodrod's database from the home page and a convenient way to add ubb codes.

Originally posted by DavidA:
Very neat stuff there. Perhaps tbird can take a look and adopt some of these things to our board. For that matter, it would be nice to have a link to Jodrod's database from the home page and a convenient way to add ubb codes.

Some neat stuff on there, but the add banners made me a little motion sick.

Tbird

few ideas....

1.smilies
2.banners
3.who is on line
4.number of times a topics has been viewed
5.who made a last replay to a topic
6.spell check
7.test post area

I hate to sound like a wet blanket, but does anyone else think that including pictures and multiple gremlins on every post clutters things up a bit? I have a fast connection so the download times don't bother me, but the content is getting lost in all the graphics. Sorry if I'm offbase on this one...

let me cast my vote for some of DavidN's suggestions.
I wouldn't mind
#1,
#3,
-----------
but I'm not for #5
We collect a lot of info. on this site and I (& others) like to be able to bring an old topic back to the top if the need is there and having a "last reply" available could keep that from happening. This group is pretty good about starting up a new thread when an old thread is getting too large or off topic or dropping an old one when it has reached it's usefullness.

nor #2 - I'm also for reducing bandwidth use - I have a slow modem so large graphics don't thrill me to pieces (might improve for me with Christmas but there are others with the same problem)
-----------
the others I don't have strong opinions for or against. Might be useful for new members to have a "test" area available & some might like a spell checker for those typo errors.
biggrin.gif

-----------
all patched up and running again! DavidN, thanks!

I wonder if the Ford marketing reps knew that by allowing Motor Trend to review the bird when it did prior to Car of the Year testing that they would fall in love with the car.

The attention the car gets is overwhelming and must have been even more intense in the middle of this year in a place like Lake Tahoe. I think that attention was the key to highlighting all the good things about the bird -- and MT pretty much says it.

Did they even mention the drop down windows in their article?? Pretty cool feature.

Originally posted by tr cruiser:
I hate to sound like a wet blanket, but does anyone else think that including pictures and multiple gremlins on every post clutters things up a bit? I have a fast connection so the download times don't bother me, but the content is getting lost in all the graphics. Sorry if I'm offbase on this one...

Yes, the Prowler banner was cool to look at once, and is obviously the work of a professional, but on every post it becomes a bit cumbersome, of course being the moderator, I waited for someone else to mention it first. No offense to DavidN of course.

Reference http://www.fordthunderbirdforum.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000140.html

TBird

Originally posted by DavidN:
few ideas....

1.smilies
2.banners
3.who is on line
4.number of times a topics has been viewed
5.who made a last replay to a topic
6.spell check
7.test post area

I like the idea of the who is on line, and I actually was thinking about doing it last night, but it requires quite a few minutes of manually hand coding so I put it off.

TBird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back