2002 Burnt Oil Smell and Smoke from Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
D
Last seen
Hello
My wifes 2002 blue tBird if not driven for 5 days or so - has smoke and oil smell from the driver side of engine. If I open to hood you can see the smoke. Not alot and goes away quickly. I think somehow oil is getting on the exhaust pipe and simply burns off --- but I cannot see the exhaust pipe or the valve covers.... Anyone have this already. 5Star Ford(AZ) wanted $1200 to replace the valve cover gaskets - Sanderson Ford ran a red-leak detect and found nothing. Anybody have suggestions? No oil leak on garage floor -- oil level OK. Rick

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

It does sound as though it is a slight oil leak. Just enough to smoke and smell, and not enough to reduce the oil level yet. It truly may be the valve cover gaskets, but shop around for another price. Possibly Lincoln dealer.
But, tell them the symtoms and let them tell you the resolution. It may be different.

Hello
My wifes 2002 blue tBird if not driven for 5 days or so - has smoke and oil smell from the driver side of engine. If I open to hood you can see the smoke. Not alot and goes away quickly. I think somehow oil is getting on the exhaust pipe and simply burns off --- but I cannot see the exhaust pipe or the valve covers.... Anyone have this already. 5Star Ford(AZ) wanted $1200 to replace the valve cover gaskets - Sanderson Ford ran a red-leak detect and found nothing. Anybody have suggestions? No oil leak on garage floor -- oil level OK. Rick
I’d interested to know if you ever got this resolved. My 2002 has a similar issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back