2002 'Bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Fellow Members-I restored and own a $25,000 1963 Falcon Tudor Sedan.Owned a 1967 Convertible and 1965 Notchback Mustang.USED to be a BIG Ford Fan,until I endured 5 years and $14,000 worth of repairs on a MINT 1984 Mustang!Looked at the new Birds and really like the styling!Still,WHY did Ford bolt on not one,but TWO flimsy subframes underneath the unibody?I spoke with the head Service Manager at the local Ford dealership (he's an ex Ford Mechanic) and he agreed that there must have been ALOT of unibody flex for Ford to do this-It almost appears like an afterthought after the tooling was completed.If you don't believe me,look underneath the car!Would not comment,but this is a $40,000 car!You would think Ford would had done a better job gussetting the unibody!I guess that's why my daily driver is a 1994 Honda!Really love my 1963 Falcon though.Reagrds-Gearhead.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back