2002 anti-theft switch location

J
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello all,

I have a 2002 Thunderbird that is throwing a GEM B1830 DTC (door unlock disarm switch circuit failure) and the service manual looks for this to be an easy fix.

Other symptoms:

1. Key fob works perfectly
2. Open door and lock door, starts the red light blinking - no issues there
3. Open the driver's side door with the key (same key that starts the car) - the door is unlocked, the red light keeps flashing and about half the time the alarm triggers.

Very sneaky failure.

However... The manuals refer to a driver reset switch (c515) and the wiring diagrams refer to both c515 and as N490 Perimeter anti-theft reset switch. But there is no context in any doc I have for where the darn thing is. I'm hoping it's not behind the door panel.

Anyone have a reference (either part number or exploded diagram) that might help me find out where this is?

Thank you!!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The driver reset switch (C515) is behind the left door panel.

C515.jpg

Fault code B1830 refers to a door unlock disarm switch circuit failure.

Pinpoint Test M1.jpg

Use pinpoint test M3 to test the driver reset switch.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Pinpoint Test M3.jpg

Wiring Diagram.jpg

Thank you, this is perfect. Can I ask the source for the exploded diagram? I have the wiring diagrams and service manuals, but don't have the exploded diagrams.

Thanks again for the help, this is exactly what I needed for this issue.

- Jeff

In running the switch test, what do you use as ground for the meter. Normally, when checking resistance on a part I have it pulled, so I have access to the far side of the component. Just strip the wire behind the switch?

Back