2002-2003-2004-2005 Window Regulator and Motor Assembly 751-222 751-223

Mark Madeira

Mark Madeira

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Got to work this morning taking the passenger's side door apart to troubleshoot. Removing the door panel, window glass, window regulator assembly wasn't all that hard, just have to be careful not to break any plastic parts or the window glass. Got the regulator assembly removed, put it on my work bench, and took the regulator apart. The gear stripped that drives the window cable that raises and lowers the window. I can post the steps with pictures to take the door apart and remove the regulator assembly if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received regulator assembly a day early :D. Installed the regulator assembly and reassembled the door today 04/26/2022. Wasn't hard and didn't take long to accomplish. Everything works like new.

I have a 2003 ford thunderbird and I’m having trouble with the passenger side window motor not working so I would like to replace it or re wire it.

Power Window.jpg

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Got to work this morning taking the passenger's side door apart to troubleshoot. Removing the door panel, window glass, window regulator assembly wasn't all that hard, just have to be careful not to break any plastic parts or the window glass. Got the regulator assembly removed, put it on my work bench, and took the regulator apart. The gear stripped that drives the window cable that raises and lowers the window. I can post the steps with pictures to take the door apart and remove the regulator assembly if anyone is interested.
I would be VERY interested to see in detail all that you went through. My driver's door window seems to have frozen up halfway between up and down. I can hear a click when I press the button to go down, but nothing happens. Pressing to go up doesn't even produce a click. I would like to get it apart to determine if I need a new regulator or just have to give it a good cleaning & eliminate any foreign objects.

If you are replacing the window regulator follow steps 1-7 below.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Window 1.jpg
Window 2.jpg
Window 3.jpgWindow 4.jpg
Window 5.jpg

If you are replacing the window regulator follow steps 1-7 below.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

View attachment 25692
View attachment 25693
View attachment 25694View attachment 25695
View attachment 25696

Thanks, I was able to extract these instructions from my manual, which isn't working like it should at the moment. It doesn't want to show me any diagrams or connector information. Aren't PCs wonderful? Anyway, the problem is with step 6, the window is stuck at the halfway point between up and down. This will make is difficult if not impossible to remove the weather strips. Today I'm going to attempt to locate a connector for the motor and directly apply power to see if I can get it to move at all. If the OP would put up his pictures, that would be a great help. Any suggestions most welcome.

Last edited:
YES! that would be great if you could still post those steps with pics! So far I have only removed the switch panel with help from you tube videos, but I can’t find any info specific to the 02 bird regulator. Driver’s side window is down and won’t budge. Passenger side ok operating from the driver side switch.

Back