2002 2003 2004 2005 Thunderbird Upgraded Flip Remote Key Fob 315MHz

You can program them yourself I bought an extra remote fob pair for my 2002 and the procedure is straight forward; IIRC the owners manual covers the process.

Our 2005 came with only 1 key, so we must have the dealer program a new key. Will they program a key I didn't get from them? Do these key fob combos from Amazon actually work? Trying to reduce the number of fobs we carry. We have an old garage door opener which requires it's own fob, then there's the gym fob, and the car fob...

The dealer will have no problem cutting and programming the flip key?

Attachments

• key with fob.jpg
    key with fob.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
Will they program a key I didn't get from them? The dealer will have no problem cutting and programming the flip key?
This a question to ask your locksmith or dealership. Mine Did.
Do these key fob combos from Amazon actually work?
Read the product reviews. I've bought them online and had them programmed. FYI most cars require two keys to program the key chip yourself, since you only have one key you have to have someone with the special equipment do it. The actual keyless entry part is easy to program yourself.

Last edited:
I bought one of the recommend flip keys and the local locksmith, who does replacements for the Ford dealer, successfully cut it and programmed it to the car. Now, however, She says it is too fat and takes up too much space in her purse. I thought I'd replace it with the key that has the fob as its head. If I have one original key and one replacement key, will I be able to program this third key, myself. Or, do I still need two original keys to accomplish that?

Thanks

I bought one of the recommend flip keys and the local locksmith, who does replacements for the Ford dealer, successfully cut it and programmed it to the car. Now, however, She says it is too fat and takes up too much space in her purse. I thought I'd replace it with the key that has the fob as its head. If I have one original key and one replacement key, will I be able to program this third key, myself. Or, do I still need two original keys to accomplish that?

Thanks
to program a third key you need two different keys to do it yourself they do not have to be original.

My key Fobs do not work on my 2002 T bird. I replaced the batteries, reprogramed them still do not work.Can anyone help me wikth this problem,

reprogramed them still do not work.
Not possible to reprogram the key fob successfully and then they don't work. Note step #7 which confirms this.

First, you must have ALL remote entry transmitters (maximum of four) available before beginning this procedure. To reprogram the remote entry transmitters:
1. Ensure the vehicle is electronically unlocked.
2. Put the key in the ignition.
3. Turn the key from the 2 (OFF) position to 4 (RUN). [NOTE: Position 1 is fully counterclockwise (key removal), and Position 5 is fully clockwise, or the IGNITION position]
4. Cycle, eight times, rapidly (within 10 seconds) between the 2 (OFF) position and 4 (RUN) position. [NOTE: The eighth turn must end in the 4 (RUN) position.]
5. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that the programming mode has been activated.
6. Within 20 seconds, press any button on the remote entry transmitter. [NOTE: If more than 20 seconds have passed you will need to start the procedure over again.]
7. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that this remote entry transmitter has been programmed.
8. Repeat Step 6 to program each additional remote entry transmitter.
9. Turn the ignition to the 2 (OFF) position after you have finished programming all of the remote entry transmitters.
10. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that the programming mode has been exited.
And, here is the procedure for programming your PATS Keys:
1. Insert an existing key into the ignition cylinder. [Requires two existing working keys]
2. Turn the ignition cylinder to ON (RUN) and back to OFF.
3. Remove the existing key and, within 5 seconds, insert the second existing key and turn it to ON (RUN) then back to OFF.
4. Insert the new key before ten seconds have elapsed, and turn it to ON (RUN). Leave it on for one second and turn back to OFF.
5. The security light will light up for three seconds to indicate that the new key has been successfully programmed."

One of my T Birds the key fob did not work, except only the trunk open button worked. I purchased two new
key fobs and programed them both, they work perfectly. The programing instructions above worked first time.

Back