2002-05 Rear Fender Skirt Photos/feedback

BluByeU
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I'm interested in fender skirts for my 2002-05 T-Bird.
What I really would like to know & possibly see a photo is how they attach to the car's fender.
Are they on a quick release or do you need hand tools to install or remove?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

What I really would like to know & possibly see a photo is how they attach to the car's fender.
Thanks
https://www.***********************...d-classic-fender-skirts-custom-made-to-order/

Thanks coat1971 but that doesn't answer my questions about install & removal tools needed etc.

Nope I don't. Because there is a big difference between sales & reality I thought I'd ask those who may have already purchased a set. Certainly who else would know better?

I wish some of those past buyers would jump in here.

Nope I don't. Because there is a big difference between sales & reality I thought I'd ask those who may have already purchased a set. Certainly who else would know better?

I wish some of those past buyers would jump in here.
Unfortunately all major T-Bird sites seem to be slowing down (IMHO) as the membership ages. Very few have put these skirts on cars so the pool of owners is very small. Good luck in your hunt.

Thanks

After the initial install - which (for each skirt) requires drilling one hole in the rear wheel wells (closet to the front of the car, and then screwing on a ABS plastic support in the well towards the rear of the car - the skirts then come on and off pretty easily. I love mine (pic attached). My only warning is that if you have replaced your tires with an R55 (versus the original R50) you may have to do some surgery/customization to the backside of the skirts to keep them from rubbing (which I had to do). Let me know if you're still interested and I'll gather some pictures and the installation instructions I received with mine. Mike

Attachments

• IMG_1811.JPG
    IMG_1811.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
The previous owner of my 2003 bought the small skirts from Tbird Concepts. After painting them he tried to install and they would not fit. He asked me to take a look and I couldn't see how they would fit. The company said they 'should' fit but....... Unable to return because the had been painted. I may have been able to modify them but they didn't come with the car. I do know that if they had fit they attached with several screws.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had a set on my bird since 03. They do require some minor installation, drill a couple of holes under the wheel well. They are relatively easy to remove and reattach. It has a spring loaded mechanism, just insert prong in one end and push button release pin on the other.

Thank you for your interest and reply about the skirts for the '03. Unfortunately I was not the original purchaser of the skirts sometime in 2015 and when I received the car from the previous owner they did not come with it. There whereabouts are unknown at this time. The previous owner(a retired mechanic) tried to fit them along with his nephew, then asked me to have a look. With the instructions in hand, it was as if they were too big for the wheel opening by 1/2" to 3/4". They had been nicely painted to match the torch red. As I was told by him, he had made a call about fitment and return but was told that because of the painting it was not possible. If they were in my possession, I would be trying to carefully reshape them to fit. It's water under the bridge now!

Last edited:
You may very well be correct and if I mentioned your company in error, I sincerely apologize! No way to find out about the skirts as the previous owner has passed. Thanks again.

Back