1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Click the "X" to the right to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice

1997 Thunderbird LX w/4.6L - Speedometer, wipers, radio stopped working

Discussion in '1989 - 1997 Ford Thunderbird' started by senseiyco, Dec 29, 2017.

1. My 1997 T-bird had been sitting in the driveway for about 3 months. I've recharged the battery and cleaned the interior due to mildew. I've driven it a few times just to keep it running. Recently, when I went for a drive, the speedometer and radio were not working. When I got back home, I checked other accessories and found that the wipers also stopped working. Everything else is working: AC, heater, lights, gauges, blinkers, etc. I checked all the fuses, both under the dash and under the hood. I disconnected sand reconnected the wiring harness at the firewall. I bought a computer from Flagship One (www.fs1inc.com) and installed it and charged up the battery to a full charge. No change. Has anyone experienced this problem and found a fix? Thanks.

2. You really want to take this over to the TCCoA face book page and or the TCCoA.com forum

3. Thanks for the direction. I'll do that.

4. I registered for the forum and am able to log in/out. Did this several times. It asks for:
    Your IP Address (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) is currently awaiting authorisation to be enabled for the user senseiyco.
    Please check the email address associated with your account and click the authorisation link.
    Click here to re-send the verification email.
    I tried several times to re-send but never got the email. Also, it asks for authentication:
    A username and password are being requested by http://forums.tccoa.com. The site says: "Restricted Area"
    It does not accept my user name and password that I use to log in. Help!

Help us by sharing/liking this page!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!