1995 maintenance tips

M
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
none
Hello to all, I owned a 1995 4.6 which I bought new. It was a great car with features ahead of it's time. I sold it at 138k miles with only tires, brake pads, spark plugs and wires needing replacement. I did replace the serpentine belt around 60k even though it was fine out of caution and put the old one in the trunk for a spare. I changed the oil about every 7k with Ford filter and Mobil 1 synthetic. Each time I changed the engine oil I also drain the transmission pan and add new oil. I did do the trans oil and filter around 40k. I would also suck as much fluid out of the power steering reservoir as much I could and add new fluid. I would try to flush the brake system every two years. I was always reading about people have problems with the brakes and transmission. I believe it was due to poor maintenance. I hope these tips help someone. Now I am going to try to do the for sale section.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hello to all, I owned a 1995 4.6 which I bought new. It was a great car with features ahead of it's time. I sold it at 138k miles with only tires, brake pads, spark plugs and wires needing replacement. I did replace the serpentine belt around 60k even though it was fine out of caution and put the old one in the trunk for a spare. I changed the oil about every 7k with Ford filter and Mobil 1 synthetic. Each time I changed the engine oil I also drain the transmission pan and add new oil. I did do the trans oil and filter around 40k. I would also suck as much fluid out of the power steering reservoir as much I could and add new fluid. I would try to flush the brake system every two years. I was always reading about people have problems with the brakes and transmission. I believe it was due to poor maintenance. I hope these tips help someone. Now I am going to try to do the for sale section.
Wonderful information. I have always wondered about doing what you did. It seems to make a lot of sense to me. I have always wondered about flushing the brake system; nobody seems to understand the concept where I live. They look at me funny when I ask. I believe I will take your advice and do a little each time we do an oil change. Thank you!

Wonderful information. I have always wondered about doing what you did. It seems to make a lot of sense to me. I have always wondered about flushing the brake system; nobody seems to understand the concept where I live. They look at me funny when I ask. I believe I will take your advice and do a little each time we do an oil change. Thank you!
Brake fluid absorbs moisture and that is what causes the failures in brake system components. A vacuum bleeder makes it easy, but two people can still do iot with out too much trouble. While in the process do not let the new fluid in the reservoir get too low or you will suck air into the system and that is a pain. I suck the old fluid out of the reservoir and and new before starting the bleeding process. Take your time and enjoy it, Justmejnet.

Back