1988 turbo coupe air conditioning quit, | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1988 turbo coupe air conditioning quit,

• Thread starter Thread starter billwright45
  • Start date Start date
B

billwright45

Click here to upgrade
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
No power going to compressor, when I hook up a jumper wire to high pressure switch , compressor works . I don’t know where to replace air conditioning module inside car or rely on passenger side fender

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Did you check the amount of charge in the system? It won't come on if it is low on refrigerant.
If correctly charged you could have a bad high pressure switch.

I may be wrong, but I don't think you have a "module" to replace. I just spent 2K getting the A/C rebuilt on my truck. It may be better to get it looked at by a good tech than throwing parts at it. Your owners manual should give a location for the relay, but if you're getting it to engage by jumping the high pressure switch I'm at a loss, as you have replaced the switch. Unless the new one is bad. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Back