1968 Thunderbird Landau Coupe right rear view mirror ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excaliburss

Excaliburss

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi everyone ! Anybody knows if it is possible to purchase a right rear view mirror (original style) for my -68 ?
Was it an option at the time ? Would love to have one as traffic is nowadays more intense....
Fred from Spain004.JPG

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    356 KB · Views: 0
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    327.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    358.9 KB · Views: 0
They were a dealer installed option. Very hard to find. There is a mounting bracket located inside the pass door. You may see it shining a light down the front of the door with the window down.

Thanks for replies ! And yes....I have been looking in the net for a while for a mirror without any luck. I will keep on looking.
Cheerio

Attachments

• 90EFD26D-C201-4EC7-A3C2-8D9E3C62B765.png
    90EFD26D-C201-4EC7-A3C2-8D9E3C62B765.png
    712.8 KB · Views: 1
Thanks so much Russellbird ! The picture of this green -69 I also found a while ago. Maybe one day I will find one somewhere. I am into the thought to mount a rear view camera with a screen inside the center box above the ashtray, but I hate this modern stuff in a classic car........

I went back to the milepost page and a right mirror was available for 6.95 in 69. By 70 it was no longer on the options list. Interestingly the Tbirds sister, the Mark III also had the right mirror available as a 69 option, but not in 70.

http://automotivemileposts.com/tbird1969optionalequipment.html

I did find one pic of a 69 with a right mirror.

http://www.degeneratepress.com/thunderbird/
The mirror pictured is NOT a factory mirror. It would match the drivers side, but just a bit smaller head.

I did order a rear view camera kit now with a 7 inch screen and wireless for easy installation. . The 7 inch screen will enter perfectly in the center console glove box. Will try to mount the camera as invisible as possible - hope this solves my trouble to back up into small parking spots and into my garage......

Hi guys ! Merry Christmas to all ! The news is : I did get lucky and located an original FoMoCo 68 right side T-Bird passenger mirror !!!! Wow... I was lucky here. Got it in my hand yesterday and packed it up today to send it for a re-chrome to get it back to mint condition. I will post pictures when I get it on my car. Until now I never saw a picture nowhere on the www.net. Very rare piece.

Back from the chrome shop and mounted on the car .....original 68 Ford Thunderbird passanger rear view mirror ! 003.JPG 003.JPG 007.JPG 005.JPG

Hi guys ! Merry Christmas to all ! The news is : I did get lucky and located an original FoMoCo 68 right side T-Bird passenger mirror !!!! Wow... I was lucky here. Got it in my hand yesterday and packed it up today to send it for a re-chrome to get it back to mint condition. I will post pictures when I get it on my car. Until now I never saw a picture nowhere on the www.net. Very rare piece.
Hi i have a 68 tbird & can u tell me where did u find urs at? Thanks

I never gave upp looking for one and I saw a part car for sale that had this rare pice on.I contacted the gentlemen and he would only sell the complete car, As I live in Spain he understood that I cold not take the complete car here and after some emails with bagging he sold me this mirror on the end and send it to me. I just was lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back