1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Click the "X" to the right to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice

1968 Thunderbird Landau Coupe right rear view mirror ?

Discussion in '1967 - 1988 Ford Thunderbird' started by Excaliburss, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Hi everyone ! Anybody knows if it is possible to purchase a right rear view mirror (original style) for my -68 ?
    Was it an option at the time ? Would love to have one as traffic is nowadays more intense....
    Fred from Spain 004.JPG

Attached Files:

• 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      356 KB
      Views:
    • 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      327.1 KB
      Views:
    • 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      358.9 KB
      Views:
  2. They were a dealer installed option. Very hard to find. There is a mounting bracket located inside the pass door. You may see it shining a light down the front of the door with the window down.

3. Thanks for replies ! And yes....I have been looking in the net for a while for a mirror without any luck. I will keep on looking.
    Cheerio

4. Attached Files:

5. Thanks so much Russellbird ! The picture of this green -69 I also found a while ago. Maybe one day I will find one somewhere. I am into the thought to mount a rear view camera with a screen inside the center box above the ashtray, but I hate this modern stuff in a classic car........

6. The mirror pictured is NOT a factory mirror. It would match the drivers side, but just a bit smaller head.

7. I did order a rear view camera kit now with a 7 inch screen and wireless for easy installation. . The 7 inch screen will enter perfectly in the center console glove box. Will try to mount the camera as invisible as possible - hope this solves my trouble to back up into small parking spots and into my garage......

8. Hi guys ! Merry Christmas to all ! The news is : I did get lucky and located an original FoMoCo 68 right side T-Bird passenger mirror !!!! Wow... I was lucky here. Got it in my hand yesterday and packed it up today to send it for a re-chrome to get it back to mint condition. I will post pictures when I get it on my car. Until now I never saw a picture nowhere on the www.net. Very rare piece.

9. Back from the chrome shop and mounted on the car .....original 68 Ford Thunderbird passanger rear view mirror ! 003.JPG 003.JPG 007.JPG 005.JPG

10. Nice! Now if only other people could get them.

11. There is a guy who has one for 2K......... :)

12. Yeah and you know where he can shove it.

13. hahahahahaha - I gotch u

Help us by sharing/liking this page!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!