1966 Road Trip- crazy?

Agreed... FYI you can buy a reman Holley 600CFM Street Avenger for $220 direct from Holley with free shipping. I just put one on my 64' Bird 390 as the Autolite was leaking everywhere and it runs great right out the box.
I just did this exact same thing, arrived in three days and works perfectly.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hello,
I just bought a 1966 "Q" Convertible. It's been in storage for a few years, only in the last few weeks has it been driven. The car seems to be in good condition from the photos and from what the owner has told me.
Am I crazy to drive it from Phoenix to Seattle? ( I have a feeling a lot of you will say I'm crazy) What should I check or do to the car before leaving Phoenix?
Thanks,
Thanks to all of the members who responded to my post. With your input and from others, I've decided the prudent thing to do is have the car shipped. As much as I would have loved to do a road trip in a 1966 Thunderbird convertible, it wasn't a wise thing to do.
This being my first Thunderbird I'm sure I will be posting again with questions seeking help with problems I can't solve.
I appreciate the advice and knowledge the members of this forum have and their willingness to share.
Thanks,
Art

First a gold star for letting the group know what the decision was and why. Second, ENJOY your mew toy.

Back