1966 Carburetor Spacer Installation

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The spacer sounds like the one you would use if you had a standard Ford Manifold since those engines have a 10-15 degree slant, while a Tbird engine is level, You should have a flat spacer for your car- no taper!

Thanks, but this 390 engine slants down about 15 degees (took a level to it after your reply) ..... which answers my question about which way to install the spacer. But i'm not comfortable with base gaskets supplied by the caeb rebuilder. Paper or thicker felt like?

Mrjagrock, what order should I mount the carb....paper gasket--spacer--thick composite gasket...then the carb?

There is no set torque setting- it depends on the individual installing! It doesn't take much- probably 10 pounds torque Keep in mind that over torqueing can break the mounting base.

There is no set torque setting- it depends on the individual installing! It doesn't take much- probably 10 pounds torque Keep in mind that over torqueing can break the mounting base.
I can't find the carb torque specs in any of the shop manuals I have either.
However, Holley recommends 50 in/lbs (~4 ft/lbs) for their 4010 4-barrel carbs. Since the 4010 is a Ford 4100 copy, I would expect it to be similar.
Be sure to use an X-pattern order when tightening.

Back