1964 Thunderbird Voltage Regulator is hot/warm to touch

Hi Don. Here's a pic of my voltage regulator. Please let me know if this is helpful and if more pics are needed.

Doug

View attachment 4004

First Doug, let me say - your car is beautiful! This is perfect! Is there any way you could send a picture of the starter solenoid and battery terminal arrangement. I would like to know what is plugged in crazy and what is not. The more I dig into this car the more I find wrong - which makes me happy because it is a PROJECT! THUNDER THERAPY!

I ordered a new expansion tank from MAC's mine has epoxy covered holes, and they now say they are back ordered until JULY! Called them up and they were like, well...we can get one out next week. I ordered from Larry's and canceled with MAC's. The one from Larry's did not have a picture up but when I called to confirm stock he said it was the "big tank."

I fought for my mom last night - it was bad. I got home at 3 am - went out in the garage gathered some garbage, started putting the car back together for a coolant flush. I am hoping once the flush is done that I can go pass this stupid inspection, bring Rose home and really dig into the guts - coming back around to needing your pictures. Most of my wiring is patched up and weird, so I am going to redo a great deal of it. With that said, the more pictures you take the better off I am. If you can get some shots of your wiring looms running up the fender wells that would be awesome too. Thank you, my friend. Thank you all.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi Don

The gizmo on the firewall is the starter relay. A starter solenoid sits on a starter and throws it into gear when power is applied. I guess our cars don't actually have a starter solenoid, they have a bendix gear on the end of the starter motor shaft.

Anyway, here are the pics, let me know if more is needed.

Doug

upload_2019-5-21_18-11-29.png

upload_2019-5-21_18-12-45.png

upload_2019-5-21_18-14-2.png

upload_2019-5-21_18-14-52.png

upload_2019-5-21_18-15-44.png

upload_2019-5-21_18-16-24.png

upload_2019-5-21_18-17-4.png

Hi Don

The gizmo on the firewall is the starter relay. A starter solenoid sits on a starter and throws it into gear when power is applied. I guess our cars don't actually have a starter solenoid, they have a bendix gear on the end of the starter motor shaft.

Anyway, here are the pics, let me know if more is needed.

Doug

View attachment 4010

View attachment 4011

View attachment 4012

View attachment 4013

View attachment 4014

View attachment 4015

View attachment 4016

Doug,
This is perfect!!! Thank you so much! I have my work cut out for me lol

Back