1964 Thunderbird AC compressor

T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I’m fixing up a 390 1964 thunderbird and I don’t know where the hoses come from and go to the AC compressor if any can send me pictures or explain it thanks and does anyone know where to get the brackets that hold the compressor into place and also can you send me pictures of how it is mounted

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The bottom hose of the York or Techunseh compressor is the high preasure hose that attaches to the condenser in front of the radiator. The top hose of the compressor is the low preasure hose that attaches to the expansion valve that is under the dash and is attached to the evaporator also under the dash.
The mounting brackets can be obtained from classic auto air in Tampa Florida. Ask for Curtis or Patrick as they are experts in Tbird a/c systems. I use Then all the time and so should you. Hope this helps you. Jim

One correction from my above post. The low preasure hose from the top of the compressor goes directly to the evaporator under the dash while the smaller sight glass hose that also comes from the condenser in front of the radiator goes to the expansion valve under the dash. Hope this helps you. Call classic auto air for more info.

Back