1964 Front Disc Brake conversion kit

G
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
None
finally purchased a 64 Bird. First step is to install front disc brakes - any suggestions on where to find the best kit and need clarity on wheel size etc since I believe the original wheels will be too small to clear the calipers

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

finally purchased a 64 Bird. First step is to install front disc brakes - any suggestions on where to find the best kit and need clarity on wheel size etc since I believe the original wheels will be too small to clear the calipers
Are you still looking? I'm in the process of installing Fatmans dropped spindles and Wilwood brakes on my 65 and will be selling all the stock parts, spindles, calipers, rotors, master cylinder, wheels, hub caps, and hardware. the 65 stuff will work on a 64

Are you still looking? I'm in the process of installing Fatmans dropped spindles and Wilwood brakes on my 65 and will be selling all the stock parts, spindles, calipers, rotors, master cylinder, wheels, hub caps, and hardware. the 65 stuff will work on a 64
I'm interested if the OP didn't take you up on your offer

I'm interested if the OP didn't take you up on your offer
I still have the parts. I have a Subaru dismantling shop in Boulder CO and the shipping of Subaru parts (even smaller items) is stupidly expensive. The T-bird parts are very heavy. I would be shipping from Phoenix AZ and I would guess the shipping would be +-$400. If you are still needing the parts, I may be able to get them to you in June, my wife and I fly up there every year in first class and I think they allow two checked bags each. Where are you located?

I still have the parts. I have a Subaru dismantling shop in Boulder CO and the shipping of Subaru parts (even smaller items) is stupidly expensive. The T-bird parts are very heavy. I would be shipping from Phoenix AZ and I would guess the shipping would be +-$400. If you are still needing the parts, I may be able to get them to you in June, my wife and I fly up there every year in first class and I think they allow two checked bags each. Where are you located?
Anchorage and would gladly meet up and give you a ride to your hotel lol. Yes, we get screwed on all shipping except USPS

looking for an inexpensive way to add Disc brakes to the t-bird. Cant seem to get teh drums to stop straight without a pull to the left

looking for an inexpensive way to add Disc brakes to the t-bird. Cant seem to get teh drums to stop straight without a pull to the left

Back