1962 Thunderbird Carb | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1962 Thunderbird Carb

• Thread starter Thread starter Byrne66
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I recently puuchased a 66...if you find out any info I'll follow the thread. My carb was overflowing when I went to start the car after just sitting for 1 month. Hope it's only a stuck float or needle?????

I recently purchased a 62 Thunderbird, it has been in storage since the mid 90's. I wanted to rebuild the carburetor so I took off the existing carb and it looks to be a Holly 4 barrel (4160) is this the stock carb or did these come with an Autolight?

Thanks,
byrne66
The 4160 is a Holley 600 CFM carb, I don't believe they came with Holleys. Looking at the manual, they indicate a part number of CIAE-9510-AH, which indicates an Autolight

i have a 63 bird with 390. i took off the autolite and put a edlebrock 1406 600 cfm works great and this is my 2nd 390 i have done this to. IMO they arethe best drop and drive carb out there.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Jrc
I have a 62 . It came with an Autolite 4100. Carb was acting up . I finally realized that although the vacuum line looked attached it had disintegrated. I have the 62 shop manual if u need any info in future the Autolite has a clevis screw and its impossible to find retainers here for this carb . I have had to make my own. Want original but it’s a pain!!! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back