1962 Thunderbird Carb

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
B
Last seen
I recently purchased a 62 Thunderbird, it has been in storage since the mid 90's. I wanted to rebuild the carburetor so I took off the existing carb and it looks to be a Holly 4 barrel (4160) is this the stock carb or did these come with an Autolight?

Thanks,
byrne66

I recently puuchased a 66...if you find out any info I'll follow the thread. My carb was overflowing when I went to start the car after just sitting for 1 month. Hope it's only a stuck float or needle?????

Sounds like a stuck float or maybe a bad needle&seat.

Try a tap on the carb with a plastic hammer and see if that fixes it.

I recently purchased a 62 Thunderbird, it has been in storage since the mid 90's. I wanted to rebuild the carburetor so I took off the existing carb and it looks to be a Holly 4 barrel (4160) is this the stock carb or did these come with an Autolight?

Thanks,
byrne66
The 4160 is a Holley 600 CFM carb, I don't believe they came with Holleys. Looking at the manual, they indicate a part number of CIAE-9510-AH, which indicates an Autolight

i have a 63 bird with 390. i took off the autolite and put a edlebrock 1406 600 cfm works great and this is my 2nd 390 i have done this to. IMO they arethe best drop and drive carb out there.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Jrc
I have a 62 . It came with an Autolite 4100. Carb was acting up . I finally realized that although the vacuum line looked attached it had disintegrated. I have the 62 shop manual if u need any info in future the Autolite has a clevis screw and its impossible to find retainers here for this carb . I have had to make my own. Want original but it’s a pain!!! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back