1962 Convertible Top Won't Go Down | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1962 Convertible Top Won't Go Down

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock & Roll
  • Start date Start date
Rock & Roll

Rock & Roll

Click here to upgrade
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
The trunk lid extension does not flip up there for the top will not go down. It worked fine until a car show last week ! what keeps that flap from going up. Everything else works ! Hope its just a switch or relay !

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Last edited:
Check your switches for operation and adjustments of the extension and trunk. @biddle is right, spend the $ for an upgrade, but that may not be an end all to problems as I found out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would check for a sticky limit switch, I am planning on upgrading the relays once I start on my car.

Back