1962 Just joined the flock!

Missileman
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi folks. Just got a 1962 T-Bird convertible. Rangoon Red with white interior. Looking forward to exploring the world of T-Birds!

Something I just discovered as a (new) T-Bird owner: Out of my six collector cars, none elicit the squeals of joy from bystanders as that T-Bird. It's amazing.

upload_2019-7-29_20-41-54.png

389.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi folks. Just got a 1962 T-Bird convertible. Rangoon Red with white interior. Looking forward to exploring the world of T-Birds!

Something I just discovered as a (new) T-Bird owner: Out of my six collector cars, none elicit the squeals of joy from bystanders as that T-Bird. It's amazing.

View attachment 4469

View attachment 4471
Welcome to our madness. LOL SWEET looking T-BIRD

Welcome to the forum, She's a beauty.....

Interesting story on this car. We live in Louisiana, but my wife and I were visiting northern Canada for her high school reunion last month. I found the car in their equivalent of Craigslist. I bought the car on sight. Good deal because the Canadian dollar is weak right now. Then, after telling my wife she was flying home alone, I rented a Uhaul truck and a flatbed car transport, and drove 5 days -- 3,000 miles -- from northern Canada to the gulf coast. Lovely trip.

It was running poorly when I got home, so during the first week, I changed the fuel system (carb, fuel pump, filter...) and the ignition system (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, electronic ign, coil) and the alternator and associated wiring. Runs great now. Discovered that the car has a "parade" fan -- an extra electric radiator cooling fan for prolonged idling, and some under-dash goofy purple lights that splash color at your feet at night. The convertible top refused to go down at first until I fiddled with some wires and bypassed a relay. More electrical work to do on the top.

Back