1961 running hot, radiator suggestions? | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1961 running hot, radiator suggestions?

• Thread starter Thread starter dontano
  • Start date Start date

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Did you notice nobody responded? It's likely because you posted a vauge subject. Brief subjects that summarize your post get more responses.
I updated your subject, however email alerts for topic were already sent.
model-year-TBF.jpg

Hi 74 Harley. I like the idea of getting rid of the clutch fan altogether. Someone else suggested doing away with the clutch fan and going with an electric puller fans. I like your solution much better. Thank you very much.

Hello. I have a 1961 hardtop. It seems to always run very hot. Some one told me that my radiator clutch fan may be on the way out. Can I replace that with a non-clutch "straight fan"?
A straight Fan will be better! The best way to determine if you have a Radiator problem is if the car runs hot around town but is cool on the Highway, it would be advisable to have it Flushed out, and go from there.

A straight Fan will be better! The best way to determine if you have a Radiator problem is if the car runs hot around town but is cool on the Highway, it would be advisable to have it Flushed out, and go from there.
Thanks. I purchased a straight fan and waiting on the fan spacer now. New thermostat and coolant as well. Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate it.

Hello. I have a 1961 hardtop. It seems to always run very hot. Some one told me that my radiator clutch fan may be on the way out. Can I replace that with a non-clutch "straight fan"?
Hi Dotano. Wondering how you know it's running hot? You can use an IR temp gun to check the coolant temp at the upper radiator tank. All the other things you're doing are good moves also.

Doug

Back