1961 Hardtop Value

dontano
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Can someone please tell me approximately how much my 1961 Hardtop is worth. Here is the particulars and a few pictures. "1961 Ford Thunderbird. Hard Top. 64000 miles. It has the 390ci V8 engine with a 4 barrel carburetor. Power windows and power brakes. New exhaust manifolds, gaskets. The heads were rebuilt at 63000 miles. New power booster and master cylinder. New distributor. New exhaust pipes and glass packs and mufflers. New sway arm bushings. New tires. New radiator flex-fan. Cigar lighter works. Clock not working. The LED taillights looks cool. Passes NY State Inspection. It has set of vintage license plates. Runs strong, sounds great. Body and interior are in fair to good condition but not perfect. Needs some body work and paint, especially around the rocker panels. Clean title. Daily driver.DSCF2021.JPG3948.jpeg

At best it's #2 condition. It will take no work but time to check auction results to assess what people are willing to pay. There may be more hidden rust but it needs a good home. Nice looking car if you picture if restored. Most important is to be honest with yourself and do your research as others will do if interested. Think like the potential buyer and be prepared for the results being good or bad.

Hi Ward 57. Thanks for the reply. I really love the car and don't have too much money into it so far. It runs great and I drive it every chance I get. I'm just not sure if I want to put a lot of money into bodywork and paint, or sell it and buy something already done. ( It could also use a conversion to disc brakes, alternator instead of generator, electronic ignition, etc. ) If I do decide to sell it, I want to price it fairly.

Dontano,

I have to disagree with Ward as to the condition of your car. Looking at the pictures of your car, there is a lot of rust along the rocker panels and the lower door making it in fair condition. According to Hagerty the value of your car is $6,000, but you might get more because its what people are willing to pay.

Attached is the Hagerty Valuation Report on your vehicle.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Attachments

• 1961_Ford_Thunderbird.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Dontano,

I have to disagree with Ward as to the condition of your car. Looking at the pictures of your car, there is a lot of rust along the rocker panels and the lower door making it in fair condition. According to Hagerty the value of your car is $6,000, but you might get more because its what people are willing to pay.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue
Hi Doug,
Thanks for the information. I tend to agree with you about the rust and value.

Can someone please tell me approximately how much my 1961 Hardtop is worth.
The realistic answer is no, especially with 2 photos of the passenger side of a 60 year old car. The bullet birds are also well known for electrical issues. Even with photos of the undercarriage, engine etc the car still can't be driven online which is also a factor.

The market can vary drastically as well. For example, I would never buy a car like this because the amount of money needed to restore it to a very good condition would far exceed the price of one already restored. Your buyer pool could be limited.

Dontano,

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue
Dontano,

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue
Yes you are correct. I meant to say at best it's #3 probably #4.

Back