1958-1960 Thunderbird Aftermarket Wheel Fitment

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
analogue_dsp

analogue_dsp

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Anyone have experience getting aftermarket wheels on a 1958-1960? I currently have 15x5.5's it would seem. I created the diagram below for the current wheels. The problem I see is any potential wheel replacements don't have the 26mm offset required, although many have the backspace of 4 or 4.5" (i measured 109mm/4.25", but could be a little off). I've been going around talking to wheel shops but that has been not very useful so far. The one guy who seems to know what he is talking abouut thinks they have to be custom made.

I'd be interested in the wheel/tire size including backspacing and offset if you have it. Where you got it would be great too.
1646860338313.png

Given the drawing above, was able to fit 18x8 225/45s with 0 offset. Comes a little close in rear to back corner of wheel wheel on outside, but has clearance. Ride height is about the same, and the ride is smoother. best part? that rattle in front that I couldn't figure out went away. loose spoke I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_0194.JPG
    IMG_0194.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 2
I am looking to do disk brake conversions to the front and rear of my 60. My research shows that many folks have had issues with certain wheels not fitting over the calipers. What kit/brand did you guys use for your brake conversions? I have to go at least 15s but those 18s look nice too.

Thanks!

Anyone have experience getting aftermarket wheels on a 1958-1960? I currently have 15x5.5's it would seem. I created the diagram below for the current wheels. The problem I see is any potential wheel replacements don't have the 26mm offset required, although many have the backspace of 4 or 4.5" (i measured 109mm/4.25", but could be a little off). I've been going around talking to wheel shops but that has been not very useful so far. The one guy who seems to know what he is talking abouut thinks they have to be custom made.

I'd be interested in the wheel/tire size including backspacing and offset if you have it. Where you got it would be great too.
View attachment 20977
You show the wrong suspension type in youre drawing should upper and lower controll arm the upper controll arm is the problem you need a wheel that will be tall enough to clear or skinny enough to clear ranger pu wheels fit
That's the reason for chrome reverse all wheel is on outside youre diagram is a strut assembly.thunger road auto body.

Back