• Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here

• Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 4th of July Special Offer **LIFETIME MEMBERSHIPS** Guest! You can upgrade your account today and unlock member only features of the site and remove all Google/Amazon ads! Click here to learn more. Thanks for supporting the club!

1957 window adjustment/ motor runs in one direction

F

farmerdick

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Have 2 issues i am dealing with. original problem was window went up and down very slow. Took everything apart and found out it was the front channel was bent. Replaced front channel and new channel window guide. New rollers and motor.

Cleaned and relubed regulator. So now the window only goes up and not down(issue #1). When the window does go up the window wants to kick out of front channel (issue #2) as it gets to the half way point in channel. I have adjusted the window a dozen times if not more.

I am not sure what needs to be adjusted to keep the window in the channel all the way up. The window is aligned nice side to side. If i put just a little pressure on back edge of glass it goes up perfect. All the rollers are in the correct guides. Just do not know what needs to be done.

As far as the up and not down situation i can not figure that out. Even bought a new switch along with the new motor. I am getting power thru the switch to the motor. Any help would be much appreciated.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The kicking out of the window at the upper end seems to be caused by an adjustment in the window stops. Make sure that the stops are not allowing the window to lift past it's proper ending.

Never gave that any consideration!! I will check it out.

Back