1957 Front turn signal wire route

Ames
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I am in the process of replating on my 57 bumpers and I am not happy with the route of the turn signal wires. My question, is there supposed to be a hole drilled in the metal below the headlights to run these wires?

When you post to the forums, include the model year in the subject. I added it for you.
modelyear.jpg

If I recall, a grommet in the HL bucket is the exit, traverses along front/top of radiator to drivers side HL and then into engine compartment hooking up to wiring block on inside render..

Okay Zoopie, thank you for that helpful information. When the wiring exits the from the turn signal/parking lamp (mounted in the bumper) does the wiring harness just go under the body of the car or thru the body of the car to the headlight bucket? The wiring that came with the parking lamps does not seem to be long enough.

1607014928558.png
Here's a picture of my passenger side, I believe the white wires are from the the blinkers and get connected to the small wire block, one for each side. If you don't have the T-bird workshop manual, strongly suggest you get a hold of one.

View attachment 14596
Here's a picture of my passenger side, I believe the white wires are from the the blinkers and get connected to the small wire block, one for each side. If you don't have the T-bird workshop manual, strongly suggest you get a hold of one.
I have the manual but my problem is after the wires leave the inner fender next to the regulator, how are they run to the parking lamp? My wiring does not seem to be long enough to go under the body, I was wondering if there is supposed to be a drilled hole thru the body that would be hidden by the front bumper.

If you blow up the picture, you will see the holes that the wiring goes through. You have the headlight (3 wires bonded), the horn and the blinkers all going through the different gromets.

Back