1957 ABB-200 VH40 Universal brake booster reviews

S

SlimerSnail

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Has anybody tried fitting this to their bird? Abb-200 vh40 brake booster

ABB-200 VH40 Universal BRAKE BOOSTER COMPATIBLE FOR Hydraulic Operated Disc/Drum FITTING KIT https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085LBWMX6?tag=thunderbirdforum-20

Visually it looks very similar to the stock booster and I'm wondering if it could work in the stock location with the bracket. I have casco front discs but was thinking of adding this to get power disc. I live in an area where I have to hit the highway frequently and sometimes I have to stop FAST.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Has anybody tried fitting this to their bird? Abb-200 vh40 brake booster

ABB-200 VH40 Universal BRAKE BOOSTER COMPATIBLE FOR Hydraulic Operated Disc/Drum FITTING KIT https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085LBWMX6?tag=thunderbirdforum-20

Visually it looks very similar to the stock booster and I'm wondering if it could work in the stock location with the bracket. I have casco front discs but was thinking of adding this to get power disc. I live in an area where I have to hit the highway frequently and sometimes I have to stop FAST.
I put a VH44 on mine. Not sure what the difference is between that and the VH40. I believe the OEM and the VH44 are 8 inch diaphragms. If the VH40 is larger it may be hard to fit it in the space. There is a youtube video here with some info on using the VH44. In theory a more powerful booster is needed for disk brakes yet many people have used these OEM types that were originally for drums with disk conversions and they seem to work. When done that way the booster is only hooked to the front disks and the rear drums get unboosted feed.

I found this... they are different diameter.
the VH 40 is 91/2" or 230mm in length and so is the VH44 but the VH 40 is 9-3/4" or 240mm in diameter whilst the VH 44 is 7-1/2 " or 190mm.-

Back