1956 drives like emergency brake is on | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1956 drives like emergency brake is on

• Thread starter Thread starter td1959
  • Start date Start date
T
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
After starting my car, it drives like the emergency brake is always on, although it isn't. I jacked it up and checked that the wheels spin freely and they do, what do you think it could be?

Thinking it may have something to do with the rear end, I lifted the rear up and put it in drive, the rt tire spins at an idle the left doesn't, then when I give is some gas they both turn but I'm hearing a strange noise down there.
Going to recruit some help so I can get down under the lift and listen.

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

After starting my car, it drives like the emergency brake is always on, although it isn't. I jacked it up and checked that the wheels spin freely and they do, what do you think it could be?

Thinking it may have something to do with the rear end, I lifted the rear up and put it in drive, the rt tire spins at an idle the left doesn't, then when I give is some gas they both turn but I'm hearing a strange noise down there.
The one wheel spinning is fine it’s not a posi rear, I would look at the transmission first. Try starting in low then shift to drive .

Best investigate that strange noise. Service the rear end. Check the universal joints.

Back