1956- Airtex & Carter Fuel Pump differences

CtCarGuy

CtCarGuy

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a failed Airtex pump (phillips head screws) on my 56. I bought a new pump at NAPA made by Carter but it has the same crews. Is there a difference between Airtex and Carter?

I have a failed Airtex pump (phillips head screws) on my 56. I bought a new pump at NAPA made by Carter but it has the same crews. Is there a difference between Airtex and Carter?
Have tried about 3 Napa fuel pumps. I dont believe any of them lasted over 6 months. Gave up and started using electrical pumps. Left the mechanical for vacuum wipers

I have an electric pump already installed, in fact, I have been running off it for almost 2 years. I have found that after a long drive, when I am in line for ice cream takeout, the pump will suddenly become very noisy. I checked and there is a regulator in the line right after the pump. I still want to put in the mechanical especially for the wipers. I actually researched a small 12v electric vacuum pump to run the wipers independently of the engine. With vacuum they work fine until you open the throttle. I though of changing to electric wipers but I have heard the dash needs to be removed which is not something I want to tackle.

Back