1955 Insurance | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1955 Insurance

• Thread starter Thread starter sylvurhfox
  • Start date Start date
sylvurhfox

sylvurhfox

Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
I am getting close to finishing up my 55 and am wondering if there is an insurance company that is reputable. Here in California there are so many rules and regulations with insurance I am wondering if any of my Calif residents use a specific insurance? Thanks for any advice.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Insurance companies have to be registered to do business in California and I believe that is true in most, if not all states. There is classic car insurance brokers and companies, but some restrict the types of driving you can do. If you use your car for mostly club events, shows, etc, then you are OK. If it is a daily driver, then you may have to go a different route. I use the Grundy insurance, but have use J C Taylor in the past. Hagerty is good as are several of the others. Which one is best is subjective, so just shop around and choose the one that you like,

I am getting close to finishing up my 55 and am wondering if there is an insurance company that is reputable. Here in California there are so many rules and regulations with insurance I am wondering if any of my Calif residents use a specific insurance? Thanks for any advice.
Hagerty Ins. for me. Had them for a number of years. 1 payment per year and fair. I pay about $325 for the year and full coverage on an "agreed value" policy. Good Luck!

Have uses Hagerty for about a decade without any issues or problems. Have two cars registered (insured) with them now.

Hagerty is great, have had them for years and their prices are quite reasonable. On top of that Washington state allows you to get a Collector car registration for a one time fee as long as you own it.

What did you end up with @sylvurhfox?

I took everyone's advice and checked out Hagerty. I ended up going with them. The price ended up being $332 for the year. I think that is a decent price for here in the San Fransisco Bay Area.. Thanks for all of the input.

Check with safeco a little cheeper than Hagerty you can state your value or your existing insurer for multi car discount.

Back