03 Birds

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
I would like an update on how many got the 02s and how many are still on the list to get the 03s. Are people all fired up to get the new bird as they were a year ago?
94 V8 black only 7K miles
01 Lincoln w/3K miles
02 Tbird black+black 800 miles

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I cancelled my 02 and am waiting to order a 2003. I am not sure if I will go through with my order, as the novelty of the car has worn off and if you consider what you are getting for 40K, there are a lot better values out there. Will have to see how the new colors look. Also should be interesting what happens with pricing since it appears dealers are sitting with quite a few 02's and the convertible season is about over. My dealer has told me he has not had any inquires regadring the bird in the past few months.

CTBob-

I can assure you that the novelty of the car would not have worn off if you were driving one. There might be better values out there depending on what one is looking for in a new car, but it's been the most fun car I've ever owned and driven, and I've only had it for three weeks.

Once the 03s come out, you probably will be able to get a nice new 02 from dealer inventory for less than $40k.

------------------
PK- Blue/Full Blue/Blue Top #16336

Just put a deposit on a blue/blue premium, yesterday. Car should arrive in 2-3 weeks. Received $1,000 off sticker price from the dealer. He had 3 birds on the lot when I went into the show room and 2 more arrived while inside. It's crazy in the westerm suburbs of Phila. - other dealers still want $5,000 over sticker. I'm concerned I may have left some money on the table.

JJG-

You got a great deal, you shouldn't feel you left money on the table. Savvy buyers have been paying MSRP since May/June, but some are still paying $5k over sticker. I paid MSRP in late-July for my blue/blue/blue premium knowing full well the price would continue to come down...the dealer had five Birds in stock.

I thought about waiting until the fall to buy, but I wanted a new blue and didn't want to take the chance of missing out. Congrats on your purchase, and you'll love the car.

------------------
PK- Blue/Full Blue/Blue Top #16336

Originally posted by JJG:
Just put a deposit on a blue/blue premium, yesterday. Car should arrive in 2-3 weeks. Received $1,000 off sticker price from the dealer. He had 3 birds on the lot when I went into the show room and 2 more arrived while inside. It's crazy in the westerm suburbs of Phila. - other dealers still want $5,000 over sticker. I'm concerned I may have left some money on the table.

Sounds like a good deal to me. Do you mind sharing which dealer gave you the below MSRP price?

Thanks. Duke

Originally posted by duke583:
Sounds like a good deal to me. Do you mind sharing which dealer gave you the below MSRP price?

Thanks. Duke

My dealer in S. Florida has about a dozen 02's. Most are premium, full color with hardtops. Triple Blacks are $1,500 under, all other colors are $1,000 under MSRP. I think I may hold out for a 03, but if you'd like information, email me and I'll pass it along.

We did a group tour of Wixom on 8/12. The highest VIN on the fit and finish line was 24499. When I remarked that the last of the '02s would probably be started that week, I was told that '02 production would continue until the model year change in November. This is supposedly in response to dealer requests for more cars in the '02-only colors. There were a lot of blue and yellow cars on the line the day we were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back