02-05 Rear View Mirror Backup Camera

T

tomsmall1952

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Backup camera in. Installed an Auto-Vox T1400 mirror cam ($150 on Amazon). This is a wireless setup. Here is a list of materials:
1) Auto-Vox T1400 mirror cam
2) mini add a fuse( goes in #18 in passenger side fuse panel (this is a switched outlet and doesn’t cause battery drain when car is off),
3) pack of quick connect connectors (red),
4) one ring terminal (blue) to fit on + battery terminal,
5) one female add on lighter socket (to plug mirror power supplyinto)
6) wire (used multilead trailer wire I had on hand 16ga)
7) one RL45 relay (this is due to Tbirds having a positive ground on the lighting in rear( Amazon or any parts house.

I had installed a 5” screen system up high on windshield for another system, but it seemed obtrusive. The mirror screen looks like a regular mirror. You lose the courtesy lighting in the OEM mirror though. Was anxious about removing the OEM mirror and snapping off the mount. I went to the Safelight place up the street and they popped it right off with no damage, time or cost.

Another thing you need to do is locate the black/green wire coming out of driver side rear lamp assy. Do not cut it. Lay back the tape wrap and use a red line tap to access the wire.

Including the wiring diagram for the relay. Trigger is line from above black/green wire. Questions?
wiring.png

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Back