02-05 Drag car

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Walking around the Syracuse Nationals (car show) yesterday I thought to myself when will we start to see the retro birds being modified.. Dropping a mustang GT 5.0 engine or even better big block 428.. Would it even fit.. Get rid of all the stupid technology design Ford did like the COPs and the hydraulic cooling fan etc.. Put in old school technology that's proven.. A standard transmission, with new wheels and a paint job that's 1/2 inch thick.. Just a thought..

It is nice to see something pleasant about these birds.I still say they are going to come back strong in the near future especially ones that are not daily drivers and super maintained.Top down and ready to go for a cruise today in northern AZ.

Walking around the Syracuse Nationals (car show) yesterday I thought to myself when will we start to see the retro birds being modified.. Dropping a mustang GT 5.0 engine or even better big block 428.. Would it even fit.. Get rid of all the stupid technology design Ford did like the COPs and the hydraulic cooling fan etc.. Put in old school technology that's proven.. A standard transmission, with new wheels and a paint job that's 1/2 inch thick.. Just a thought..
I love my bird but i guess im getting old.My favorite car is my 23 T-Bucket.No frills ,just alot of chrome and all go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my bird but i guess im getting old.My favorite car is my 23 T-Bucket.No frills ,just alot of chrome and all go.

I really love mine also.. The Ford design team hit a homerun with the style design.. I just wish they were a little less finicky with the mechanics.. This s forum is great answering questions but also putting fear in the hearts of gen 11 owners and lovers like me..

I agree , but i guess i am one of the lucky ones as i have had no issues with my 02 aside from normal maintenance issues that are expected from a car this old.My bird has never been used as a daily driver and still drives and looks as good as the day i bought it.I love this forum but like others it puts a little doubt in my mind.Again as i said before i think they are super cool cars,but they need to be taken care of.PS..Mine is up for sale. Can be seen on the craigslist Prescott AZ.2002 ford thunderbird roadster.I hope somebody that really loves these birds buys it and takes care of it as i have.

I agree , but i guess i am one of the lucky ones as i have had no issues with my 02 aside from normal maintenance issues that are expected from a car this old.My bird has never been used as a daily driver and still drives and looks as good as the day i bought it.I love this forum but like others it puts a little doubt in my mind.Again as i said before i think they are super cool cars,but they need to be taken care of.PS..Mine is up for sale. Can be seen on the craigslist Prescott AZ.2002 ford thunderbird roadster.I hope somebody that really loves these birds buys it and takes care of it as i have.
Look for “looking for Daisy” post

Engine sits too far forward. Needs surgery on firewall to move engine back a foot or more.

Back