'02-'05 Classic Fiberglass Hard Tonneau installation

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
H

highwayghost

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I found on Ebay a set of Classic style fiberglass tonneau covers. They arrived yesterbay and I am very pleased, perfect condition and paint match to my '03 Torch Red. If I didn't already have the chrome surround for under the hard top, they would likely rub the paint. I'm thinking to add some stick-on weatherstrip to the underside of them to help protect the body. To secure them, the covers slide in and hook on the back side and have one strap that hooks to the right side seat frame. They still seem to move around some and while I have not driven the car with them on, it seems likely they would rattle with speed and bumps. My question to ones that may have these.....Is there a better way to secure them?

IMG_0608.jpg

No one came up with anything different. It works better than expected. I will be adding another strap.
tops.jpg

They look nice on your Bird! But if they don't fit right, I would not drive with them on. I don't have them, but I've wanted a set until now. Seems it the move around they are going to scratch the paint. Good luck brother, I hope someone can help you out. ;-)

I found on Ebay a set of Classic style fiberglass tonneau covers. They arrived yesterbay and I am very pleased, perfect condition and paint match to my '03 Torch Red. If I didn't already have the chrome surround for under the hard top, they would likely rub the paint. I'm thinking to add some stick-on weatherstrip to the underside of them to help protect the body. To secure them, the covers slide in and hook on the back side and have one strap that hooks to the right side seat frame. They still seem to move around some and while I have not driven the car with them on, it seems likely they would rattle with speed and bumps. My question to ones that may have these.....Is there a better way to secure them?

View attachment 4887
I am in the same situation, bought the same product. I am not drilling holes in my bird. Did anyone respond or did you find an alternative method?

Back