007 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come noboby has noticed the 007 Bond EDITION? There are 2 listed on E Bay for sale now. This forum has missed all the updates and other ordering data on this car. My local dealer has NO information.
Seems strange some already built and we have
no one as yet to say they GOT one.
The E Bay posts are in stock at dealer in Fl and OK.
Need input

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

In my opinion, the 007 T-Bird is a disappointment. I really think they could have done better. That color is just awful--no way would I trade my 02 Blue for it--I don't care how rare the car will be. There is nothing "coral" about it--it just looks like a dull shade of pink. As for the interior--base T-Bird interior with white tw0-tone and white seats. It would take about 2 days for those seats to start showing dirt.

While I'm on my soapbox, I really feel that the special colors for '02 were a lot nicer than the ones being offered for '03. The grey is OK--but that's a color common to so many other cars. And the desert sky just doesn't do it for me---and desert sky with the chrome wheels looks especially out of place.

This is the first time in a long time of buying new cars that I really am glad I have the first year model and truly have no desire to get rid of it. I could care less about the mechanical improvements made to the '03--the '02's power is just fine for me to go cruising. I truly love the Thunderbird Blue color---I smile and just stare at it sitting in the sun every time.

I agree with you 02TBRD. While I think the desert blue is pretty, I think it looks a little more feminine??? I think the thunderbird blue is THE color so far. All, of course, IMHO.

I agree that the desert sky blue seems aimed directly at women. I feel that way about the 007 car as well.

I hope this 007 thing doesn't become a trend--slapping some silly moniker on a limited number of T-Birds each year. The T-Bird is a nice enough car that it doesn't need that kind of trick. It makes me think of the bad old days--remember the Fila Thunderbird? Yuck.

i disagree with both of ya. the new blue is lots better than the old blue. i like it. the coral is similar to the old coral of the past, just as the blue and grey is.

Well! I did get response. The coral color I have not seen in person, but it looks good in picture. I personally like the white interior and feel it should be offered in all color combinations, if desired. I still wonder why, until now , no one has brought up this car since all the initial hype? We have a Red, Red , Full accent coming any day now, But my wife & I have always wanted lite blue, white top & white interior -full. NA in 2003 so we ordered RED. Glad I did as I have seen the blue, blue & black. Looks OK, but does not really have the pizazz as red or yellow. To each his own. What colors are expected later this year or 2004?

IMHO, ThunderBird Blue is "THE" color. The
Desert Sky Blue is definitely aimed toward
the female population and to me does not
have a striking appearance. The chrome
wheels look "out of place" on this car. Ford should have offered a "full white" interior pkg. to compliment this color and should be available as an option on "any" color if the buyer wants it. After all, it's "our" Bird!

I'm sorry, VicRattlehead, but I think you are in the minority on this one. I was at the Philadelphia Car Show and there was a new blue one there--I hung out near the car to hear what peoiple had to say about it. Almost unanimously I heard people say they didn't like the color. The few who did comment on it favorably were, in fact, women. No men I talked to there liked the color.

Like I said before, To each his own on color. I do not remember the Turquoise blue as in 2002 being offered on the original 55-57. There was a lite blue in 57 and a peacock blue in 56. My memory is going. Also Yaers ago Ford would allow you to Special order paint colors for a fee and mix & match interiors as long as you would take the vehicle. We sold Fords during that period and I ordered a Cougar once in a non match color so Ford said Dark Burgundy and tan leather. Sold a bunch. Not peanut butter tan as now.
Guess Wm Ford is taking advise from Henry 1, You can have any color so long as it is black. That seems to be some of factory mentality.

I saw a 2003 grey bird at a car show a few weeks ago - and it didn't do anything for me. I've had a few grey cars, and they are ok, but give me that torch red - I love that car!!

Originally posted by MIDAS:
This forum has missed all the updates and other ordering data on this car.

There has been plenty of discussion on the car. There are 700, so it's not like you can go into a dealer and order one, so why is there a need for ordering codes? Obviously there are more than 700 dealers which means less than half of the dealers will even get one.

You will be lucky if you ever even see one, let alone order one.

A few weeks ago after attending the Detroit Auto Show my wife and I stopped at the Wixom plant and there was a 007 T-Bird setting out front. At first glance I thought it was a dirty red covered by road salt. Our Dealer thought they could get us one but apparently they are allowed to the top 100 Dealers and there wasn't one Dealer in West Michigan that would be receiving one. After seeing the color I'm glad. Not a color for us.

------------------
Birthday Bird

The Detroit Auto show had two T-Birds on display. The Mountian Shadow Grey and Desert Sky Blue. As previously mentioned the grey was a nice color but didn't have a sporty look. It did have saddle interior which in my opinion was awful...just my opinion. The blue was unique as it has a pearl effect under heavy lighting. Actually, it was a nice color but on the feminine side. I liked it but my wife said we would never buy one that color. She's right. Ours will be ordered red and sporty!

TBird Sorry if I made you angry. I know a while ago there was plenty of Hype and little info on 007. I guess what I was asking was how the cars were to be allocated. It seems Birthday Bird answered the question. Allocated to 100 largest dealers. Fair?? Maybe. I know that my local( Small town ) dealer has no info and our larger dealers here in town I do not really want to deal with. Somewhere in this forum I found out the code for 007 was P62 or P64

Originally posted by MIDAS:
Somewhere in this forum I found out the code for 007 was P62 or P64

I'm not angry.

Originally posted by traveler:
I agree with you 02TBRD. While I think the desert blue is pretty, I think it looks a little more feminine??? I think the thunderbird blue is THE color so far. All, of course, IMHO.

Blue! Red is the best color for a T-Bird!

------------------
TBird2003
03 Torch Red with Perf. White Top and Full Red Accent
1996 4.6L Mustang GT Conv. with performance enhancements

Aw come on now. Red is the worse color for a Bird. I hope Ford sells no more - that way my RED 03 with a white top and NM wheels will become even more rare and awe inspiring.
Dick

Mine is a 02 blue / full accent, NM wheels!
I was worried when I first heard of the sky blue as I thought it would look more retro.
I am so glad I took the 02 blue with full accent.
All my friends who have seen the 03 cars at the Detroit show as well as all the local Ford dealer people are telling me that my 02 is more striking.
Red would be fine, except it looks like the red will continue for the entire run and in a couple of years will be quite common.
I have parked with a few reds, blacks and yellows at car shows, and mine gets rave reviews, I am looking forward to shows this year as no 03's will look better!
My dealer is getting a 007 car. I had been on his original list 2 1/2 years ago with preferace color at the time, coral / pink, white interior.Since coral was not available I took the blue. I have been offered the 007 car with mine as trade. I will probably have to put up another $10 grand.. tough decision.
A NM bird got $51 grand at Barrett Jackson where a Black full went for $36800, it looks like the limited editions will hold prices better.

------------------
Blue/Blue/Full accent
NM wheels Canada
notadailydriver

The order code for the 007 Bond Bird is P62.Since the car is a "Special Edition" like the Neiman was it will only come one way. Allocation of the 700 Birds is that 550 will stay in the United States and 150 will go to Canada and Europe. The Oklahoma and Texas region will be allocated 53 units with Houston receiving 13. Already we have seen unit 027/700 at a local dealership(Houston).A special note to MIDAS of Austin, Texas is that the color Coral is awfully close to the jerseys of the same color worn by you local college football team. Go Horns!

------------------
Wyndham Smith
Houston, Texas
57 Bronze ; 2002 White
5 Thunderbird Juniors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back