1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Dismiss Notice

Part Availability for 2002 - 2005 Thunderbird

Discussion in '2002 - 2005 Ford Thunderbird' started by CaptBob73, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Considering the purchase of a 2005 Thunderbird.

Previously owned a 2004 (Silver w/ Midnight Black Hardtop) that was purchased new and sold in 2009.

Having been away from the Thunderbird market for eight years, I've been doing some research before committing to the purchase of a 2005.

It appears that replacement parts for the 2002 - 2005 Thunderbird are quickly becoming unavailable given the model's low production numbers and age, and poor planning on Ford's part.

What has been the experience of this forum's members? What items are failing and how difficult is it to repair / replace them.

At this point, I don't want to take on a vehicle that will give me more frustration than pleasure.

Thank you and kind regards,

2. In the one year I have owned an >100K mi 2004, knock on wood only the EGR valve hiccuped and corrected itself without service. I have repair records for the 3 years prior to my purchase and it calculates to about .30/mile contributions to the House of Ford. New rad and associated parts, changed differential and xmission lube, brakes, new rag top, endless COPS replaced and valve gasket leaks, some under warranty, radio volume sporadic, etc. Outside of the COPS and leaks, most of the other expenses are due to FWT, not repair.
    I took the webmasters advice and bought 8 COPS for $31 total, delivered. I or a shade tree buddy can change them. Keeping them in the trunk, JIC. I love the car. :)

Sensei likes this.

Help us by sharing/liking this page below and G+1!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!