cliffcostello

Our 1957 Ford Thunderbird

Pics of our 1957 Ford Thunderbird, acquired in Sep of 2020. Originally sold new at Courtesy Motor Sales in Chicago, IL, found it's way to San Diego, CA by 2005. From there it came to upstate NY and was owned by a gentleman for 15 years .. and almost never driven. We've done a lot of repairs and upgrades to resolve reliability and drivability issues .... now getting ready for the 2021 car show season. Enjoy the pics of the stunning car.
Jockeydoc
AWESOME!!!! Make sure you post some pics of it!!!!
Thanks Cliff...trying to upload a picture of the Peacock blue Bird with it's 81yr old owner I saw on Wednesday.... still learning the process on this site..so might take me a while !!
It was a refurbished interim but I was a bit worried about it's ability to run (the car as well as the owner!).

Jockeydoc
Thanks Cliff...trying to upload a picot of the Peacock blue Bird with it's 81yr old owner I saw on Wednesday.... still learning the process on this site..so might take me a while !!
It was a refurbished interim but I was a bit worried about it's ability to run (the car as well as the owner!)
Make sure you check out the website video tutorials sent in your welcome message and on our YouTube- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtw03lljrSZ5y8vLxHHSLzw?sub_confirmation=1
Thanks I did have a look at one on tube... but got a bit lost ....I'll ask one of my sons to give me a tutorial !! Gosh... you are up early...
Cheers
Philip

cliffcostello
Thanks Cliff...trying to upload a picture of the Peacock blue Bird with it's 81yr old owner I saw on Wednesday.... still learning the process on this site..so might take me a while !!
It was a refurbished interim but I was a bit worried about it's ability to run (the car as well as the owner!).
Hey Philip, we bought our 57 from an 84 year old gentleman, who lived near us. He had a collection of over 15 cars in his three garage buildings, including 5 Thunderbirds. He had just sold a Coral 56, and had this 57 available for sale. I had heard about it at a cruise in I was at with my 1970 Chevy El Camino SS. I called him the next day, went at lunch time to look at it, brought my wife over that evening to look at it, and bought it. He owned it since 2006, but barely put 1,000 miles on it ... it needed so many repairs and upgrades to get it roadworthy again. The body and interior were in beautiful condition. He also had a Starmist Blue 57 (also with a continental kit) ... but wouldn't sell that one. Three weeks after we bought our TBird, he passed away. I had enjoyed getting to know him over the course of about a month for us to complete our transaction and afterwards. Enjoy your new 56!!!! Looking forward to seeing the pics. Cliff

Jockeydoc
full

cliffcostello
Sweet picture!!! My uncle had a brand new Raven Black 56 when I was very young, and remember riding in it with him and my dad ... that is when my love of TBirds started. It took me about 60 years to finally own one of my own!!! Congrats on your beautiful new Bird!!!

J
Awesome!! We just sold our White 2003 Thunderbird to my sister-in-law and brother-in-law to buy our 57 TBird. We loved the 2003 .. only had 28k miles on it ... black and red interior!! What color is yours? BTW, I'm 67 year old in constant state of mid life crisis ... been going on for 30 years!! LOL
Mountain shadow gray. 53,000 miles. Bought it for $14,200. Looking forward to putting the top down.

cliffcostello
Mountain shadow gray. 53,000 miles. Bought it for $14,200. Looking forward to putting the top down.
You will enjoy it top down. Think my wife really misses the 2003 .. she felt much more comfortable driving it than the 57. But she likes the 57 for being the show car.

Album information

Album owner
cliffcostello
Date created
Item count
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Album privacy

cliffcostello

Can view media items