1.JPG

• DoubleJ
  • Mar 17, 2021
D

1957 White Ford Thunderbird Restomod

• DoubleJ
My 1957 Thunderbird Restomod
jimvan47
I am jealous of the tires and wheels. Can someone tell me what are the largest tires and wheel I can put on my 55? I think 18" but not sure what is the widest treat that will fit. Hoping 225/50/18 will fit. Any thought? I know the upper ball joint needs to clear. Thoughts? Thank you.

B
A very nice car, with appropriate updates.

D
I'm running 245/45/17 on the DoubleJ '57 Restomod.

M
Very nice same color as my 59 convertable. Trying to figure out my game plan for rebuild any lessons learned? Mine is a roller now body, paint, chrome done on the fence about big block or just nice built 390 with six speed. Your thought if any?

D
Thank you for your reply 245/45/17. Are the ball joints as OEM? Do you see any reason why 245/45/18 would not fit?
Ball joints are OEM. The only suspension upgrades are Koni shocks and a sway bar. I really don't know if 18s would fit but i do know the wheel offset is critical.

D
Very nice same color as my 59 convertable. Trying to figure out my game plan for rebuild any lessons learned? Mine is a roller now body, paint, chrome done on the fence about big block or just nice built 390 with six speed. Your thought if any?
I personally like a stroked small bock over a big block. Weight is the enemy of performance.

M
I personally like a stroked small bock over a big block. Weight is the enemy of performance.
agreed, Im not apposed to a newer computer motor, not really interested in keeping the value based on staying origional, want a good weekender with some updating

Album information

Album owner
DoubleJ
Date created
Item count
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Share this album

Back