2.JPG

2.JPG

1.JPG

1.JPG

DoubleJ

1957 White Ford Thunderbird Restomod

My 1957 Thunderbird Restomod
jimvan47
I am jealous of the tires and wheels. Can someone tell me what are the largest tires and wheel I can put on my 55? I think 18" but not sure what is the widest treat that will fit. Hoping 225/50/18 will fit. Any thought? I know the upper ball joint needs to clear. Thoughts? Thank you.

M
Very nice same color as my 59 convertable. Trying to figure out my game plan for rebuild any lessons learned? Mine is a roller now body, paint, chrome done on the fence about big block or just nice built 390 with six speed. Your thought if any?

DoubleJ
Thank you for your reply 245/45/17. Are the ball joints as OEM? Do you see any reason why 245/45/18 would not fit?
Ball joints are OEM. The only suspension upgrades are Koni shocks and a sway bar. I really don't know if 18s would fit but i do know the wheel offset is critical.

DoubleJ
Very nice same color as my 59 convertable. Trying to figure out my game plan for rebuild any lessons learned? Mine is a roller now body, paint, chrome done on the fence about big block or just nice built 390 with six speed. Your thought if any?
I personally like a stroked small bock over a big block. Weight is the enemy of performance.

M
I personally like a stroked small bock over a big block. Weight is the enemy of performance.
agreed, Im not apposed to a newer computer motor, not really interested in keeping the value based on staying origional, want a good weekender with some updating

Album information

Album owner
DoubleJ
Date created
Item count
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Album privacy

DoubleJ

Can view media items