You Tube "How To Fix 1964 Convertible top" ?

Bird Lover
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hey,

I am new here and I am sure there are many posts on the convertible top repair, but does anyone know of a good You Tube video?
If not besides all the manuals I have does anyone know of other good sources/sites etc?

Thanks,
Dave
Hood River, OR

*ps. I found a '64 Convertible in a barn here last year. Very little rust but the engine was out and fully dismantled. It had not been on the road since 1977. I have rebuilt & installed the engine and she purrs again. Now on to a million electrical issues

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi Dave
Whatever your problems are with the convertible top, I will assure you ahead of time that there are solutions out there. The best advice I can give is to make sure you have the shop manual and both of the assembly manuals for the car. I have repaired hundreds of convertible tops over the phone if the person on the other end can put his hands on the stuff and follow some directions. Check out my website..... www.**************

Great advice from the TBird Ranch. Thanks. I was just trying to learn as much as possible before tackling the job.

As soon as I finish fixing the rear quarter window the top is next on the list!

Unbelievable. After sitting for 44 years it works!
All I did was replace the main relay and give it a little pull where the deck unlock limit switch is.

Look at all the mice mess though, yuck

Attachments

• 20200411_130702.jpg
    20200411_130702.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
Back