WTB 2002 valve cover

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
O
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 2002 passenger side valve cover with a broken flange at the coil pack seal. Ford tells me that the 2002 head is different from subsequent 2003-2005 heads and will not guarantee that the replacement cover 3W4Z6582AA will fit properly. they also will not tell me that it will not work either, although with a change in the head it seems likely that they are not interchangable. I cannot find different valve cover gasket sets for those years and it appears one model gasket set will work for either year so nothing conclusive there either. there was apparently a change to the head from 2002 to 2003. Can anyone clarify suitability of that valve cover, or an acceptable repair to the flange? thanks in advance.
Oldbritguy

So many clowns working in these places now. They can literally look in the parts guide online and see it won't fit. It's a totally different part number, which they could also easily look up. All the parts for the car whether they are in stock or not can be looked up by them.

Back