WTB 1969 Roof rail rubber seals

1finebird
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Does anyone have a source for roof rail seals for a 69 town landau 2 door. No one seems to have them or any idea where to get them
Thanks for any ideas.

Roof rail seals? As in for the sun roof? or weatherstripping around the window?

Please include the model year in your subject on future posts. Also, your post belongs in the parts wanted forum. Post moved.

model-year.jpgparts-discussion.jpg

Thanks, I'll check them out. A couple of places show them but when I called they don't know when or if they will ever get them in.

They don't carry them. though their listed, its a discontinued item, so are the door weatherstripping. You'll have to make do with what they have for universal weatherstripping. I found that Steele Rubber products are good. Just try to match size and profile. I went with 90-3525-110 for my 68. I will be installing them in the next few weeks or so. Remind me and I'll send you a pic.

They don't carry them. though their listed, its a discontinued item, so are the door weatherstripping. You'll have to make do with what they have for universal weatherstripping. I found that Steele Rubber products are good. Just try to match size and profile. I went with 90-3525-110 for my 68. I will be installing them in the next few weeks or so. Remind me and I'll send you a pic.
Hi Jon774. How fits seele univerdsal rubber? I JAVE SAME problem but Im from EUROPE so is harder to prove many otions. THANK YOU A LOT.

I'll join in on the fun. I too am looking for roof rail rubber for a 1969 2dr Hardtop. This stuff is like unobtanium. A question for those that know more about the Ford part number prefix: I have found other rubber with the same base part number of 6551222 but instead of the Thunderbird C9SZ prefix, I can usually find the Mustang C9ZZ, I think I've found Galaxie as well. What changes with the different prefix? Is it the entire profile of the weatherstrip or just the overall length?

I'll join in on the fun. I too am looking for roof rail rubber for a 1969 2dr Hardtop. This stuff is like unobtanium. A question for those that know more about the Ford part number prefix: I have found other rubber with the same base part number of 6551222 but instead of the Thunderbird C9SZ prefix, I can usually find the Mustang C9ZZ, I think I've found Galaxie as well. What changes with the different prefix? Is it the entire profile of the weatherstrip or just the overall length?
I'm not sure, possibly just the length. I too found mustang for 67 or 68 fastback as they have a similar window as mine with no quarter window but I have not ordered any to try

I'm not sure, possibly just the length. I too found mustang for 67 or 68 fastback as they have a similar window as mine with no quarter window but I have not ordered any to try
Here's my update. I found beltline kits on Ebay being sold by Repop. I thought I had two viable leads on door weatherstrip, but both fell through including one at Lincoln Old Parts the day after they processed my order for $478 for 1 set (D&P). Now I need Roof Rail and Door Weatherstrip. I think I also need a Flux Capacitor as that's my best bet at getting parts.

Mark II enterprises is another that shows roof and door seals online for both but they don't have an idea of when or if they will get them

I have the same problem with the roof rail weather strips for my 1961 2dr ht, no one has the parts nor do they have any idea when they will be avaliable.. I had previously bought a set that fit, but were complete garbage. The rubber was hard as a rock, so bad the door would not close. If anyone finds generic strips that work, please share the information.

Hi Jon774,
Did that seal fit? How did it work out?

Good, sorry forgot to send these! The self stick adhesive backing is strong! Don't mess up.

Attachments

• KIMG0006.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 17
  • KIMG0007.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 17
  • KIMG0005.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 17
  • KIMG0008.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 16
  • KIMG0009.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 18
Hi Jon774,

After a bit of time passed how have they worked out? Any problems like water leaking in or wind whistling? Would you recommend to go with it?

Thanks!

The driver side worked great but the passenger side needed some fine-tuning. It's a balance between setting the window glass right and padding behind the rubber where needed. Overall it was the best option in my opinion.

Back