WTB 1957 T-Bird fuel pump

Buckley

Buckley

Just Buckley
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I need to rebuild my fuel pump on my 57 but it is a 6 to 8 week wait to get it re built. I bought a new one to use until I could get my original done, but when I received it it was clocked wrong, so reclocked it but it would not work. Ordered a second fuel pump and same thing happened. Called Larrys and Concourse auto parts and they are sold out and back ordered for 2 to 4 weeks. Apparently a bad batch of pumps were made and they are trying to figure out the glitch. Anyone have any Ideas on finding an original rebuild, or a new non original pump? Any suggestions appreciated. Would love to drive my bird while summer is still here.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Parts wanted (like a fuel pump) go in the parts wanted area of the site. Moving now.

i used to have trouble with the dual diaphram fuel pumps. i would end up mounting a small electric fuel pump inside the frame rail for more reliability and leave the stock pump to handle the vacuum wipers

This is more than a parts wanted. This is a big problem which i am glad to hear about because i just ordered a fuel pump from concors.
Good luck with that. They told me today that there is a big problem with the current batch. If it is clocked incorrectly don't even try to install.I think you will be wasting your time.

This is more than a parts wanted.

I don't know why everyone is so "hell-bent" on posting discussions about parts wanted/for sale outside the parts/wanted for sale area. When I see a post that says " Anyone have any Ideas on finding an original rebuild " That is clearly someone looking for a part and it goes in the parts wanted/for sale area.

Also, people asking where the parts for sale/wanted area is located. It's right on the home page of the website. Don't understand how in the world anyone could not see it.

If a kit will get you by, try antique auto parts cellar.
781) 335-1579
They supply kits to many resellers.

Hill's has new and rebuilt pumps but you have to call on pricing for the rebuilt. CASCO also has pumps and also a rebuild kit with diaphragms and such. I'm thinking of redoing mine because it's so old and who knows what ethanol has done to it. Finall found a close source of non-ethanol fuel.

My 57 fuel pump is leaking from A weep hole just above the fuel diaphragm so I assume that ethanol has finally taken it's toll . Casco hasn't had a rebuilt for a while, but they do have a rebuild kit for under $4.00. Has anybody rebuilt theirs with this kit?

If the 57 uses a single action pump that only pumps fuel, then it is painfully easy to rebuild. Mark the orientation and make sure the diaphragm is ethanol resistant.

Back